What is XCP?
XCP stands for XSCF (eXtended System Control Facility) Control Package. The XCP software is composed of :
1. eXtended System Control Facility : software which includes specific features implemented for OPL, including features such as the Fault Management Architecture, Dynamic Reconfiguration, Capacity On Demand, XSCF CLIs, etc and POST, This includes the base linux kernel and the associated linux packages (aka ELSC),
2. OpenBoot PROM.
XCP version format
XCP version format is XCP XYYZ (for example XCP 1060 – X(1), YY(06), Z(0)) where :
X : Major version 1-9
YY : Minor version 00-99
Z : Micro version 0-9
Each XCP release number is obviously unique.
How to check current version
In order to display the information about
XSCF> version -c xcp -v -t XCP: 1060 OpenBoot PROM : 01.30.0000 XSCF : 01.06.0001
XSCF> version -c xcp XSCF#0 (Active ) XCP0 (Current): 1060 XCP1 (Reserve): 1060 XSCF> version -c xscf XSCF#0 (Active ) 01.06.0001(Current) 01.06.0001(Reserve)
XSCF> version -c cmu DomainID 0: 01.30.0000 DomainID 1: 01.30.0000
The XCP firmware procedure exclusively runs on the
XSCF> version -c xcp XSCF#0 (Standby) ---> XSCF#0 is Standby XCP0 (Current): 1100 XCP1 (Reserve): 1100 XSCF#1 (Active) ---> XSCF#1 is Active XCP0 (Reserve): 1100 XCP1 (Current): 1100
1. updating firmware requires a user with either
2. run getflashimage, to import the new XCP firmware onto the main XSCF unit.
XSCF> getflashimage -u root ftp://10.169.233.60/M9000_fw/DCXCP1116.tar.gz
Verify the download of image :
XSCF> getflashimage -l
3. To check if firmware can be updated with domains running, run:
XSCF> flashupdate -c check -m xcp -s 1116
4. To actually update the firmware, run
XSCF> flashupdate -c update -m xcp -s 1116
5. Wait until the XSCF serial port or showlogs monitor output indicates the update has completed:
XSCF> showmonitorlogs .... Aug 13 07:25:48 Mx000_1-1-0 monitor_msg: SCF:XCP update has been completed (XCP version=1116)
Final XSCFs configuration is as follows; please note that Active/Standby roles and Active/Reserve banks are now switched:
XSCF> version -c xcp XSCF#0 (Active ) ---> XSCF#0 is Active XCP0 (Reserve): 1116 XCP1 (Current): 1116 XSCF#1 (Standby) ---> XSCF#1 is Standby XCP0 (Current): 1116 XCP1 (Reserve): 1116