Follow the procedure below in case you have forgotten or want to reset the existing XSCF user password. (This procedure needs the user to be physically present at the server)
1. Connect directly to the serial port using the serial cable and a laptop.
2. Configure the settings on the terminal program you are using to have the following settings:
Baud rate: 9600 bps Data length: 8 bit Parity: None Stop: 1 bit Flow control: None Delay: Except for 0
3. When the login prompt appears, enter default for the login name:
Default user account: default Default password:
The default password is not input directly on the keyboard. Instead, after the default user account is input, the mode switch of the operator panel is operated as follows.
Change the panel mode switch to Service and press return…
(Operation : Locked state -> Service -> Return)
Leave it in that position for at least 5 seconds. Change the panel
mode switch to Locked, and press return…
(Operation : Wait more than 5 seconds -> Service state -> Locked -> Return) XSCF>
This mode switch operation is done within one minute. When one minute is passed, the authentication timeout occurs.
4.Use the showuser -l command to confirm your current user info.
User Name: xxxxx UID: 100 Status: Enabled Minimum: 0 Maximum: 99999 Warning: 7 Inactive: -1 Last Change: Mar xx, 20xx Password Expires: Never Password Inactive: Never Account Expires: Never Privileges: useradm platadm fieldeng
5.Use the deleteuser command to delete your forgotten user or create a new user for XSCF
6. Using the commands below, set user account, password and privileges.
XSCF> deleteuser xxxxx XSCF> adduser xxxxx XSCF> password xxxxxxxx XSCF> setprivileges xxxxxx
7. You can use the exit command to logout and try your new user account.