The post describes what files to remove or edit to disable IP Version 6 on Solaris 8,9,10 on systems that only require IPv4 (IPv6 configuration is no longer needed).
1. Normally all that is needed to disable IPv6 on Solaris, is to check for and remove the
# ls /etc/hostname6.* /etc/hostname6.eri0 # rm /etc/hostname6.eri0
2. Other optional files to check:
If a 6to4 router was configured, remove file
# rm /etc/hostname6.ip.6to4tun0
3. If desired, the IPv6 hosts entries can be removed from file /etc/ipnodes.
4. If Solaris IPv6 Router was setup,
5. You can also specify IPv4 only in
6. For Solaris 10, insure that the following service is also disabled: